Friday, January 8, 2010

Help I need homework advice about the ...long e sound etc.?

It's for my son in grade 6 .I can't remember the stuff like that .Can't say I have ever used it since grade school either.Any sites out there to explain it?Help I need homework advice about the ...long e sound etc.?
i before e except after c or when sounded like a as in neighbor and weigh. Double vowels together makes the first one same its name: beet meat seat pier cream. An e at the end of a word makes the vowel in the center of the word say its name and that ending e is silent: ate plate rate bore core.





Remember that in all the rules in phonics, there are words that do not apply and just have to be memorized that way. That is because we have so many cultures that made up this english we speak. The phonics rules guide is on the site below.Help I need homework advice about the ...long e sound etc.?
This is (E)asy
http://www.provo.lib.ut.us/projread/tips鈥?/a>


maybe something here will help u.
Long vowel sounds are when the vowels say their own name. Like the (a) in cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment