Friday, January 8, 2010

What is the best bit of advice you have ever been given or you can give about anything.?

When I was a bit younger I always wanted guide lines about how to live, how to get the most out of my life. I am still a bit like that now, except I have learned a lot of the rules myself... Just thought it would be interesting to hear what you have learned and any good advice you would like to pass on to others.


I'd say 'don't procrastinate, successful people do more, if your passionate about something just do it, make it happen, it is possible, if you don't do it someone else will so go for it.x.x.xWhat is the best bit of advice you have ever been given or you can give about anything.?
The best advise that I have received cam to me in an email...it goes as follows:





As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that


wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will.


You will have your heart broken probably more than


once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts


too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken.


You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new


love for things an old one did. You'll cry because


time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose


someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too


much, and love like you've never been hurt because


every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of


happiness you'll never get back.What is the best bit of advice you have ever been given or you can give about anything.?
Excellent answer. The hardest part of growing up is realizing that no one and no thing can live up to the idealized expectation of the thing. If every disappointment is total disappointment, you're doomed.

Report Abuse



Death is not the greatest loss in life..the greatest loss..is what dies inside us ..while we live.
I will have to give you a few answers.





First. Don't allow anyone to turn you into someone you don't want to be.





Second. The quilty scream, ';I'm Innocent'; the loudest.





Third. The one who cares the most, is the most vulnerable.
Learn something, and share it with other.
Do what makes you happy. If what you are doing is making you unhappy it's wrong for you. Be happy!
One was a suggestion to use visualization techniques to put myself where I wanted to be, which was in a new apt. at the beach and I was there within a matter of months! Of course the apt. wasn't the important part. The importatant part was to see reality differently. To realize that I was in charge and to realize the power that I had. There was also a recommendation to read a certain author which I did and I think that this was possibly the most important advice I ever received because it opened a door for me that I didn't even know was there. (I thank you, Jean!)
live like you're going to die tomorrow


dance like nobodys watching


love like youve never been hurt
';Love has no expectations or obligations';





-Don Miguel Luiz-





It means that true love is eccepting someone for who they are,not what they do for you or what you do for them.
';Never take things to heart that don't belong there; it can fill up far too quickly.';
the future is a place where anything is possible.





Kept me going through some of the worst times.
If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.
The first step in getting respect from people is by respecting yourself. Many people demand respect when they continuesly disrespect themselves. If you loose respect for yourself and you do not value yourself, other people will take you for granted. Respect comes withing ourselves, the way we carry ourselves, the way we speak.
don't do drugs.
do one to others as you want to be done to yourself, Pull down your pants and slide on the ice, Don't sweat the small stuff, Don't eat yellow snow,Don't worry be happy!
Think for yourself. With regard to all the really important things in life, no one is any closer to the Truth than you.
Treat others as you want to be treated. Do for others as you would like done for you. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.


You've heard it before in similar words. It's fundamental to the world's major religions. Its known as the Golden Rule and it is known as the Principle of Reciprocity.


I believe I have had a wide ranging education in a very cosmopolitan and free-thinking society - Australia. With my 47 years of maturity, I think this is the best advice I have ever heard.


To be fair and balanced, there are arguements against it - see the second reference below, from Vexen Crabtree.
Be. Do. Experience. Live.





Now.
after spending the morning in the dirt, planting flowers with my daughter, I said, ';Now we can sit back and watch the flowers grow.'; My little girl was quick on her reply, ';Well Mom, I think you need to wash your hands first.'; The answer is- WASH YOUR HANDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment