Friday, January 8, 2010

Some ADD issues just found out about??? advice?

So.... apparently I have some ADD issues. I never would have suspected this kind of thing, but after going to therapy my therapist realized it and now after reading a bit about it... I see that the symptoms have largely been true for me for most of my life.





I'm kinda in shock that this could have gone unnoticed for so long... and it's kind of a relief to know what has been up with me for so long. Also I am really self-conscious about it know since I had never really noticed it operating in my life before, it was just a part of me. Now I can recognize it and I see how much it really effects me... it's really weird to have a whole facet of yourself suddenly being brought to light...





Anyone have any advice for me? I am considering starting medication... both for ADD and depression. It was going to the therapist about depression that led to discovering that I have ADD as well...





I'm still in kind of a joyful shock over this. It explains so many things that were previously unanswered... I can kind of see where my depression stems out of the years of misunderstandings and me thinking down on myself 'cause I could never get it right... I never thought the never getting it right could of been something like ADD... I always just thought I was a bit of a screw-up....Some ADD issues just found out about??? advice?
Just be glad and try the meds. You may really enjoy life now. I wish you luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment