Sunday, December 27, 2009

What kind of advice can you give me about parent behavior in little league baseball?

I agree. Little League games are all about fun and learning about the game; not all its little nuances and whatnot! I mean, who cares about doing a shoestring catch in the outfield or laying down a bunt to advance the runners when you're playing Little League with 10-11 yr olds? Just let them have fun, and play safe, and just teach them the basics if you're a coach. If they're interested as they get older, they will learn the small trickier stuff.





I used to be an referee, a coach, and a player myself - if parents would just support their kids without ridiculing them for not doing well or not embarrassing themselves (and their kid!) by saying ';Oh, he's my son!'; every time the kid gets a double or a triple, and just enjoy the game for what it is, root for your team, and buy the kids some ice cream after the game regardless of who wins.





Oh yeah - no yelling at the umpires or the referees! They're not there to be paid; they do it for free most of the time, and they're human just like you and I. They do the best they can, too. Lay off the comments and just thank them for a thankless job well done after the game.What kind of advice can you give me about parent behavior in little league baseball?
as a Coach, Former Player and Former Umpire don't take nothing about your kid or the game serious its all about the kids having fun forget who wins and loses. if a ump makes a bad call give him a break cuz think about this way we are all human and we tend to make mistakes. parents take all sports way to damn serious.What kind of advice can you give me about parent behavior in little league baseball?
I totally agree with those above. Its just a fun game where the kids are starting out learning how to play the game. Its just a game! Let the kids have a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment