Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Need advice about my Ball python.he's shedding and I'm traveling??

I have been traveling(moving) and I have my snake in a pillow case.It's time for him to shed ( his eyes are hazed).Can he shed in a pillowcase or dose he need rocks or something to help him?I'm worried about him.Need advice about my Ball python.he's shedding and I'm traveling??
Your snake can shed just fine in a pillowcase. Contrary to popular belief, snakes do NOT need anything rough to rub up against in order to shed. I breed Ball Pythons and must of my snakes usually shed in their hides just by movement alone. I'll end up with a perfect shed all rolled up that resembles a rolled condom.





I'm not sure how long your snake will be in transit, but hopefully it won't be more than a couple of days. Not because of the shed, but because of the stress on the snake. If your snake is blue, you might be okay until you reach your destination. If it's coming out of blue, they you will probably have a day or two before he sheds. If that's the case, just dampen the pillowcase slightly, and your snake shed just fine. Make sure it's not kept too cold or too warm, otherwise he might end up with a respiratory infection due to the high humidity, stress, and extreme temperatures (extreme to him).





Good luck!Need advice about my Ball python.he's shedding and I'm traveling??
simple. give him 10 minutes in a tub, to help loosen skin. how long does it take to move. let him outta the sack for a damn minute. he'll do the rest.
no.. your miss pronoucing it ...shiiiiting..sh-it-ing. got it?
A snake will make use of any rough objects or surfaces within its enclosure to help shed the skin. Shedding commences with the skin of the head. Once the snake has loosened and dislodged the skin surrounding the mouth and overlying the rostrum (nose), it then passes between rough objects that can trap the loose skin and hold it as the snake glides out of the ';old'; skin.





I hope this helps you. What I got from this was that snakes do need something when shedding their skin. The snake may have difficulty shedding in a pillowcase.
  • purple makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment