Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I need advice about my 5 month old son (teething)?

My son is nearly 5 months old (next week he is 5 months old), and every evening before I put him to sleep he is very miserable, he cries, his cheeks gets very red, and he bites his hands... I dont know what to do to make him feel better, I give him Calpol every night before he goes to bed, and i give him some teething powder. The problem is, I dont know for sure if he is teething, or this might be something else? every night he is miserable. does any other babies have the same problem?I need advice about my 5 month old son (teething)?
Some babies have more trouble at night, and are better during the day. I know when they lie down, the pressure from the teeth can really hurt!


It sounds like teething to me, I'm not sure what else it could be. My son would be fairly pleasant during the day, and then would wake a lot at night. So I did the same thing, for ever and ever, that you're doing -- giving a dose of pain medicine before bed. You can pair that with teething gel, and I don't know if you have teething tablets or not -- but you can give all three of those.I need advice about my 5 month old son (teething)?
Sounds like teething, although usually babies show the same signs in the day too. I'd avoid calpol every night, but if you must try calprofen as it is much better at relieving pain (according to my doc). Offer something to chew on too. My son also bites his fingers when he teeths and he gets cuts on them because he already has some teeth. Maybe he is also over tired. Try putting him to bed fifteen mins earlier for a few days to see if he is less cranky.
Teething will usually cause a slight fever as well. They make a teething ring that has liquid in it that you can put in the freezer and it will freeze, making it a very soothing and numbing experience for the teething pain. Look around the baby supply stores for one of these. They helped out very well with both of my children when they went through this experience.





Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment