Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Need advice about dealing with husband's infertility?

My husband and I were married a year ago and have been TTC ever since. I got married thinking that we were starting our own family and knowing that I wanted him to be the father of my children. After months of dissapointment, in Dec a semen analysis showed no sperm. His physician had him on testosterone replacement which unbeknownst to us had made him sterile. It was my worst nigthmare. He has been taking injections in the hopes of bringin back his sperm count, but we won't know anything until July. I am so terrified there still won't be any. He has 2 children from a previous marriage that we have full time every other week and I can hardly deal with the fact that he could have a family with another woman but not me. It is breaking my heart and I don't know what to do. If we used a donor I would have to live with knowing that it is not his real child and I will never be the mother his children (my heart's desire). This emotional burden is wearing me out. How can I get through this?Need advice about dealing with husband's infertility?
well, hopefully everything with show up fine in july but if it doesn't you could use a sperm donor that child will be yours and his even if not biologically, or maybe even adoption there are alots of children out there that need loving homes. the best of luck to you, I hope everything works out okay.Need advice about dealing with husband's infertility?
My heart goes out to you. You are at the beginning stages of dealing with a possible infertility diagnosis and it can be hard.





However, over time you will begin to handle the news better and grieve any losses you may have. For example, I grieved when I had an ectopic pregnancy and lost a tube; I grieved when I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure and would never have a biological child when we chose an egg donor; I grieved when I realized that I would never be able to carry my husband's biological child.





I came to terms with all of that and we started the adoption process. I'm now a very blessed mommy to two babies adopted at birth.





I suggest that you ask your physician for the name of a counselor that you could speak with that could help you in dealing with everything right now.





I hope your husband's treatment works and you two are blessed with a baby soon.
  • top makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment