Friday, April 30, 2010

I need advice about my ideas for my wedding!!?

does anyone think it would be inapproriate if i had a black dress and we had black and white balloons and black table cloths, and red rose petals everywhere with big white candles on the tables along with rose petals and such??(this may be in a church, my youth pastor has no idea of my intentions yet)





please help~! mom is driving me crazy to get my plans straight since im getting married june 9!!I need advice about my ideas for my wedding!!?
Though technically you as the bride can pick any color you want. but you have to think about the perceptions of your family. if you go the black route i believe the family will think a few options 1) that you are goth 2)that you view your marriage as a death or 3) you are very weird.


As much as i would like to wear a dress other than white since white would make me look like a giant whale its the perceptions of the people around us that make us do the things we do. The real people to ask would be your family, and explain to them why you want this so.I need advice about my ideas for my wedding!!?
You can do whatever you want, but I think it's kind of dark. I am having a black/silver/red wedding, but my dress is pure white.





Good luck with whatever you decide.
In my opinion, the black and white theme looks very classy and modern. The only thing I would change is that instead of wearing a black wedding dress, consider a white wedding dress with black accents such as a wide black ribbon at the waist. This looks much more wedding-like, still fits within the black and white color theme, and I'm SURE your youth pastor will approve.





Another thing that you might want to consider is instead of purely red roses, adding in white roses in the bouquets. It would tie the red into the black and white theme.





Try the following sites and dress designs for inspiration. Good luck!





http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns鈥?/a>





http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns鈥?/a>
I would talk with your church that you're planning on being married in. Many churches and people will see all those decorations as being very GOTH, and while I've seen goth weddings, they have NOT been in a standard church. Many churches also have guidelines about dress for the bridal party. You can do whatever you want to, as long as you're paying for it though. If your mom's kicking in money (and I suspect she is) you better listen to her. Maybe have black trim on a white dress, I've seen some lovely gowns with black embroidery all over, they look really very striking. You could even do a gold or champagne colored dress, but again, you're working up against a deadline here.





Also, many places have regulations about open flames...so the candle idea may have to be in votives, or in hurricane lamps.





Also, if your wedding is June 9 of THIS year, your mom's right...you've got to get some of these details nailed down. It's all but too late to special order a dress and have it arrive in time, many locations will already have been booked. Many people book wedding locations (especially in JUNE) a year or more in advance. You need to do the following...very quickly.


1. Location


2. budget


3. guest list


4. wedding dress


5. bridesmaids dresses


6. florist


7. photographer


8. dj


9. caterer


These are all the things that need significant lead time up to the event. These are also people that are going to be booked earliest as well, since you're also dealing with a high school/college graduation overlap being so early in June. I wish you the best of luck.
It's wholly inappropriate and gross to even think about. If you don't want to or can't wear white, then wear blush, or not a traditional dress at all.
I think you need to do what makes you happiest. Although your plans are not traditional, they are what you want.
i don't know about a black dress.





Married in White, you have chosen right.


Married in Grey, you will go far away,


Married in Black, you will wish yourself back,


Married in Red, you will wish yourself dead,


Married in Green, ashamed to be seen,


Married in Blue, you will always be true,


Married in Pearl, you will live in a whirl,


Married in Yellow, ashamed of your fellow,


Married in Brown, you will live in the town,


Married in Pink, of you he'll think.





usually black is represented as a depressing color. but if you don't really care then go for it! just have a lil tidbit in your wedding program explaining why you have a black dress- it might be interesting.


what about a white/cream dress with black accents? a sash, flowers, lacing, etc


i think the decor sounds fine.
You might want to go with a white dress with black accents. I've seen this a couple of times %26amp; it's rather pretty. All black for a wedding dress tends to lend itself more towards Goth or Wiccan thinking.
YOUR WEDDING IS YOUR TIME.....You want a goth theme then hun go 4 it who cares what others think this is your one and hopefully only wedding so plan what you want.





Your memories of the day are what is most important. I think it sounds elegant and its 2007 hun what is so over done.





Congrats and good luck
My mother was married in black and her and my dad are still married... 40 years lady....





I would talk the pastor to make sure it's ok but it sounds fine to me.
not at all. They call weddings like that ';gothic style'; even though that may not be your theme. I went to a real gothic wedding last year and it was gorgeous. cheap too
If you are having the wedding in a church, you may want to discuss this with your pastor. It isn't your mother's wedding, so I suggest you get busy and get your plans in order. This is yours and your future husband's special day. Make it right for both of you. If anyone objects, they don't need to come to the wedding.
nontraditional(black dress) is unique and that is what makes this your wedding. i would go with what makes you happy. you are the one paying for it and you are the one who has that memory for the rest of your life!
~Well after all it is ';your day';...


But if you are going to have it in a Church... I would go with the traditional ';white'; wedding dress....








Because not to be mean or anything... But a black wedding dress screams ';GOTH';... and the last time I checked...


Goth and Church dont mix well!
The black dress is a no-go. It's your day but you want your guests to be positive. You could have the bridesmaid wear black dresses as well as the groomsmen. You dress could be any color really but white is a symbol of purity and happiness for the future. Maybe a white dress that has black accents on it. Black and white balloons and black table cloths will be ok as long as you add more color to it.. such as the rose petals you talk about. It'll look classy. When I hear your idea, I think 50th wedding anniversary but it'll work as a wedding also. Try adding silver accents to places throughout the wedding. It'll be nice. Good luck!
I am planning a friend's wedding right now and I must say that is kind of tacky I think you should wear a white dress and do everything else please think about it
all black, maybe. but it's your wedding. i'm getting married in december and my wedding dress is white with black details. i think as long as it doesnt look too gothic then no one should have a problem with it.





hope all goes well
My friend had a black and white winter wedding. She didn't wear an all black dress, but her white wedding dress had lots of black accents in it. It was very elegant.





I love the idea of black table cloths with maybe red fabric runners and rose petals.





My invitations were black, red, and white.
like others have said... it's your wedding, your special day, not anyone elses... I am planning mine for aug 4th, and got engaged just 2 weeks ago, and have almost everything already done, so don't worry about running out of time... it will fall into place. As for the black... wear what you want, but if you dress like your bridesmaids, you won't stand out like you are suppose to. If you do black table clothes, maybe have shorter white or red ones that drap a bit over them. My cousin had a red, black %26amp; white wedding and it was very tasteful. CONGRATS %26amp; GOOD LUCK... It's stressful, but oh so fun!!! I'm thrilled for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment