Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Need your advice about my roomates?

I am a student of Gallaudet University this year. I have a friend who is my roomates. We were friends since we were kids. So, now this semester, sometimes we were arguing about something. She disliked way I acted and I disliked way she acted. I don't like what she expect for me to do what she want. It seemed like we were arguing really often. We were along well liked before.





What is your advice to help me to solve the problem for next semester?Need your advice about my roomates?
Having a roommate is hard, having a roommate with someone who you were friends with can be harder because there's something to lose.


You're going to have to learn to tolerate one another, and respect one another. For example, if you make your bed everyday and she doesn't, it isn't your place to tell her to...it isn't any of your business, and in the scheme of things it really doesn't matter.


Choose your battles. If it's something major (she's playing her music really loud and you can't study), speak up. But don't yell, address your concerns in a calm way so that you can discuss instead of fight.


Or, it could be that the two of you are really good friends but just not meant to live together...perhaps a new roommate would be the way to go.Need your advice about my roomates?
sit down with your friend and talk to her frankly, all your arguments, whatever they might be. if you are indeed good friends who've stuck together for long then you should be able to resolve your differences in opinion by a clear discussion. be ready to accept certain mistakes on your part, too, provided your friend argues correctly. don't try to throw all the blame on her.





however if it doesn't work out smoothly, and either or both of you don't feel comfortable with each other anymore, then i would recommend you to part ways amicably and look for a new roommate next semester

No comments:

Post a Comment