Saturday, December 19, 2009

Advice about contacts?

i am planning to get contacts next year and i'm really nervous. i'm probably not the best person to be getting contacts... but i think they look better on me than glasses and glasses are such a hassle. i'm just really worried about putting them in and taking them out. i'm terrified of touching my eye... and i've tried and if i touch my eyelid i'm flinching. i've touched my eye before and it's not that bad.. but i'm just really worried that something might go wrong if i flinch trying to put it in. and are there any good tips on how to take them out? i'm more worried about taking them out than putting them in! i could use a lot of advice. please help!Advice about contacts?
the eye place you go to will help you leanr how to put them in and take them out and you don't get to loeave there until your comfortable with them. it's not like you can loose them in your eyes. you'll get used to it and find your way that workis the best for you. just calm down and do it frustrating makes it worseAdvice about contacts?
I had the same problem the first time i used them, it took litterally 10-15 min for each contact, but after doing it like 5 times it became really easy. taking them out is easy you just pinch it softly.





Ive only used colored contacts Ive never used prescription contacts, so in the unlikely event that they are any different in how they are put in, I dont know.
Relax, it's not big deal, I've had contacts for twenty years. You get used to it. Open your eye wide and just practice touching your eye with your fingertip, make sure your hands are clean first. Don't poke yourself, just do it lightly. Eventually you won't feel it at all.
The way to learn is to practice. I cant touch my eye either but when the contact is on my finger it's different so it will seem better once your actually putting it in. When I take my contacts out, I pull my eyelid along with the eyelashes up with my left hand and with my right hand I use my thumb and pointer finger and just grab it. Your not suppose to do it that way but I think it's easier. Your supposed to just drag it down into your lower eye lid. I get scared that it might get stuck : ) but they assured me it wouldn't but I just can't do it that way. When you get them the eye doctor shows you how to put them in and take them out so that helps a lot. Remeber hands should be washed before you put them in or take them out. Good Luck.
You don't have to worry!! I've been using contacts for 15 years now. They are the best! I hate glasses.


It took my husband almost 2 weeks of looking at me putting them on and taking them off before I convinced him that it was really easy. He had your very same worries until he bought his. Now he is contact lenses number 2 fan (I'm number 1!!).


After a while you won't even need a mirror to put them on and take them off.


Looking up really helps to avoid blinking during your first tries. Fill the contact with a drop of multipurpose solution so it comes to your eye lubricated. After you put it on, blink a couple of times so it gets in place.


After a while you'll forget you have bad vision.


The only piece of advice I give you is to always wash your hands carefully before manipulating your contacts. In all this years I have only had conjunctivitis once and that is because I'm very careful with the hygiene measures. Also, if you buy disposables, wear them only the amount of time the manufacturer suggests. If they are to be used for a month, use them a month and throw them away. Don't wear them any longer, that may cause you trouble later.


Good luck!!! and stop worrying. Think that if it were so difficult to wear them, there wouldn't be so many contacts users.
When you get contacts, your optician will talk you through ALL of this. They will also give you lessons on how to put in and remove contacts, there are a number of different ways and they'll help you find which is best for you. They're also well used to helping people who are terrified of touching their eyes! I was the same when I first had mine, my opticians were really patient. I would say though, I've found contacts far more of a hassle than glasses, I just stick with them because I'm vain.





Chalice

No comments:

Post a Comment